Ten steps for completing a windscreen repair
- 1. Inspect the damage to see if it’s possible to repair the screen
- 2. Attach a mirror to the inside of the windscreen, this enables you to see the damage in more detail
- 3. If there is any Debris from the impact, remove it with a small drill or pick
- 4. Remove any moisture from within the damage
- 5. Attach the repair bridge to the outside of the windscreen, centre over the damage
- 6. Suck out the trapped air in between the Glass and the interlayer
- 7. Inject resin into the chip, this can be done by using a vacuum pressure pump, it forces the resin into the chip
- 8. Watch to see the resin fill the chip. At this point, we can flex the glass to force more resin into tighter repairs
- 9. Now the chip is filled, we take the repair bridge off, apply a small amount of resin and a small piece of plastic film
- 10. A mini ultra violet lamp is put over the top of the repair, this makes the resin cure.
Wait 5 minutes, dispose of the plastic film. Remove the excess resin with a razor blade, then polish
Mr Chip Windscreens your local independent windscreen company.